We here at PetPay™ support and encourage ideas, services, and tools that use and supplement the PetPay services; however, we are also serious about protecting our reputation and brand identity. To help us achieve this goal, we have created these guidelines to help PetPay members, PetPay Teams, and others refer to us or our services without compromising the strength of our trademarks or our brand identity. In other words, these guidelines only concern the use of PetPay’s intellectual property (for example, the use of the term “PetPay”). For issues regarding any intellectual property which is not exclusively owned by PetPay, Inc. please refer to PetPay’s Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy.
A trademark is a word, name, symbol or device (or a combination thereof) that identifies the goods or services of a person or company and distinguishes them from the goods and services of others. The word “PetPay” and other PetPay graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names (together, the “PetPay Marks”) are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of PetPay, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Why must PetPay Protect the PetPay Marks? PetPay must be to able assure Internet users and others that only the services offered, sponsored, or endorsed by PetPay actually bear the PetPay Marks. Trademark law requires that we not only protect against improper use of the PetPay Marks, but also protect against the use of confusingly similar marks.
Using the PetPay Marks
In order for you to help us protect the PetPay Marks, we ask the following:
- Do make fair use of PetPay’s Marks. PetPay supports free speech and you do not need permission to make legitimate commentary about PetPay, the company, or PetPay’s services.
- Do distinguish the PetPay Marks from surrounding text by, for example, capitalizing both letter "P"'s of the PetPay Marks.
- Do spell the PetPay Marks properly.
- Do not say things about PetPay you know are not true.
- Do not incorporate the PetPay Marks or a confusingly similar mark into, for example, the name of your business, organization, non-profit organization, event, or trademark.
- Do not remove, alter, distort or modify the PetPay Marks, including adding other terms to the PetPay Marks to create new words.
- Do not use the PetPay Marks or a confusingly similar mark in a way that falsely implies a relationship or affiliation with, sponsorship, or endorsement by PetPay, Inc. or that can be reasonably interpreted to suggest information comes from, or represents the views or opinions of PetPay, Inc. or an PetPay employee.
- Do not, without prior permission, use the PetPay Marks in a product or service.
- Do not use any trademarks, service marks, trade dress, designs or logos that are confusingly similar to the PetPay Marks or the look and feel of the PetPay website.
- Do not use the PetPay Marks in any way or on any website that contains or promotes adult content, gambling, or otherwise violates applicable law or regulation.
- Do not use the PetPay Marks in a manner that is in PetPay’s sole opinion misleading, unfair, defamatory, infringing, libelous, disparaging, tarnishing, obscene or otherwise objectionable to PetPay.
PetPay reserves the right to alter these policies at any time.